WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING FOR YOUR
OUTDOOR Music Together® CLASS
1. A BLANKET OR SOMETHING TO SIT ON
2. WATER BOTTLE AND SUNSCREEN
3. HAND SANITIZER
4. INSTRUMENTS FOR THE DAY: Your teacher will text you the day before with info about what you need to bring to class. A small instrument set can be purchased via the link on our website, or you can bring home made instruments (it is seriously okay if you don't buy a thing!). Children and adults will not be sharing instruments.
5. A mask for the grown-up.
6. Each family will be limited to a maximum of three members (either one caregiver/two children or two caregivers/one child)
Tuition for the Outdoor Fall Series includes the following:
- Eight outdoor, in-person classes / Four outdoor, in-person classes (for late -fall mini-session)
- All the resources available in our Music Together® Online program, including access to unlimited bonus Zoom classes, on-demand class videos Vimeo channel, our private Facebook group, on-line events such as semi-weekly Lullaby Live and monthly Grandparent classes
- Unlimited make-ups via our on-line classes and/or videos
- CD and Songbook for the amazing Bongos Song Collection or the Family Favorites music for our late-fall mini-session
Makeups in Outdoor classes
Families who miss individual classes can make them up using our online Zoom class scheduler only. No makeups in outdoor classes (we want to create pods with each of our outdoor classes with limited contact with other families). Absolutely no credits or refunds for missed outdoor classes.
What about if it rains/snows/hails/thunders?For outdoor classes: In case of rain or excessive heat, classes will be held on Zoom. Families will receive a text the morning of if in case of weather. Please make sure to register for texting.
We reserve the right to modify or change our offerings and terms of service at any time without notice. For example, if New York State moves back into Phase 1 or 2 during the fall, we will need to move onto Zoom in order to follow state ordinances and for the safety of all involved. We shall not be liable to you or any 3rd party for modifications, price change, suspension or discontinuation of service. We cannot offer credits or refunds.
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety of all of families who attend Music Together® classes in person we will be following guidelines as set by the State of NY as well as the CDC for outdoor events and summer camps. By checking the box on the registration form when you register for an outdoor class, you certify that you have read this form and agree to follow by the guidelines stated below.
1. Before every class, participants will be required to participate in a basic health screening consisting of these 4 questions:
*Do you currently have any symptoms of a cold or flu ? .
*Have you or anyone in your household been diagnosed with the COVID- 19 virus in the past 14 days ?
*Have you traveled to a NYC hotspot or restricted state in the last 14 days?
*Have you or anyone in your household been directed to self quarantine ?
*Note that a temperature check may take place in some locations.
2. Please refrain from attending class you've been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been in close proximity to someone who has recently had the coronavirus, if you or your children are feeling sick, have a fever, a cough, or are experiencing general difficulty breathing. A refund or credit, pro-rated if necessary will be offered should you need to cancel your registration for the Outdoor Class Series due to exposure to COVID- 19.
Individual missed classes can be made up using our online Zoom class scheduler; there will be no refunds or credits offered for individual missed classes. Contact our office with questions/concerns.
3. If you or anyone in your family or have been in close contact with is diagnosed with coronavirus symptoms after attending a H&BM class or at any time during the semester, you are required to report that immediately to our office by text or email.
4. Please wash your hands frequently, and before and after attending our classes. We recommend that every family bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
5.During class, children and adults will be required to maintain a minimum of a 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same family or other cohort. This could be challenging as children naturally tend to be social and it was not the norm in the past during our classes! However, we will be asking every family to be responsible to keep the appropriate distance with their children. Please be aware of this guideline and help us to maintain it!
6. Children will not be required to wear masks during class (but please have them wear them on your way to your blanket).
7. Adults shall wear a surgical style face mask or other covering for their nose and mouth within 6 ft of those who are not in the same household, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions, and except when eating. Adults and children over age 2 (as required by state of NY) must wear masks and social distance upon arrival. Children can take off their masks on once on the blanket. Family spots will be 8’ apart and clearly marked.
8. The Music Together Teacher will be teaching from a 12 ft distance in relationship to the participants.
9. There will be no bathrooms available for these classes.
10. Instruments or other objects will not be shared. Families will be advised about what to bring from home for instruments or props. A small instrument set is available for sale on our website under "Store."
11. Weather issues - If the class is cancelled due to rain or heat, classes will be held on zoom that day. Families who miss individual classes can make them up using our online Zoom class scheduler only. There will be no refunds or credits offered for missed classes.
COVID-19 ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY
As consideration for Heart & Beat Music permitting me to take Music Together classes, I agree to the following:
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS: I understand that naturally occurring disease processes (including, but not limited to, the novel coronavirus or COVID-19), may exist in the community, including at Heart & Beat Music, and present an inherent risk that cannot be eliminated. I acknowledge that, although Heart & Beat Music is taking reasonable measures to avoid contact, transmittal, and exposure of disease processes like COVID-19 between people in our classes (including Music Together Teachers, and third-parties), it is ultimately my responsibility to ensure that I and my child take appropriate actions to safe-guard ourselves, including all adults wearing masks during class. All family members must stay within their personal blanket/area and ensure that personal instruments/props are not shared between families. I understand and agree that as a registered member of Heart & Beat Music, I am accepting and voluntarily assuming the risk that I or my child may be exposed and become ill as a result of COVID-19 and other diseases.
WAIVER OF LIABILITY: I, on behalf of myself and my children hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and covenant not to sue Heart & Beat Music LLC and its owners, managers, contractors, members, employees, agents, and volunteers, for any claims that may arise out of or relate in any way to my or my child’s exposure to any communicable disease, including but not limited to the novel coronavirus or COVID-19. I assume the inherent risk of being outdoors with my children including but not limited to ticks, bees, poison ivy, etc. The claims hereby released include, but are not limited to, claims of negligence against any of the Released Parties.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS WAIVER AND FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. BY ENROLLING IN CLASSES AT Heart & Beat Music, I UNDERSTAND I HAVE GIVEN UP CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS AND THAT THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL DOCUMENT.